extend your summer at camp.
extended summer camp program
Join us for the first time in Canada for an extended summer, or continue your summer camp adventure. Get a place at a camp looking for participants with outdoor skills from the end of August to mid-October.
The role is a great combination of the Camp Counsellor and Activity Specialist roles, with the combined advantages of both. Most Extended Summer positions involve working with a variety of groups teaching camp skills.
- Focus on leading outdoor education activities.
- Lead on a variety of camp activities, not just your specialised skill.
- Expand your skill set.
- Work with a variety of different people such as: family camps, corporate retreats, school groups, sports teams, etc.
- Help close down camp, put away equipment, assist with shutting down buildings that are not winterised.
We are looking for applicants with experience in at least one of the following outdoor-based skills:
Abseiling / Rappelling, Canoe Tripping, Low / High Ropes, Archery, Mountain Biking, Orienteering, Outdoor Cooking, Lifeguard, Rock Climbing.
Certifications are not required in most cases, however you should be able to demonstrate your ability to lead and teach the skills you list.
You must be aged 19-30 (or 31-33 with a Working Holiday Permit) and a clean criminal record.
The extended program has plenty of unique benefits:
- Increased weekly salary compared to core summer staff employment.
- Sleep in staff quarters most nights.
- A more predictable schedule including time-off.
- Typically evenings and some weekends will be free.
- A smaller staff team at camp brings an opportunity to work closely with a tight-knit group in a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Placement tailored to your skill set, interests and availability.
- Organisation of work permit
- Up to 8 weeks of health insurance
- One night of accommodation in Canadian host city
- Transportation to camp
- Setting up of bank account and social insurance number.
- Medical check - (Varies based on GP)
- Criminal background check - £60
- Electronic Travel Authorization fee - $7 CAD
- Biometrics fee - Paid for at port of entry into Canada - $85 CAD
Our expert in-house flight team can find you the cheapest deals.