your ultimate summer.
camp canada eligibility
If you want to try new things, expand your horizons, and step out of your comfort zone, camp is for you.
If you're not sure that you'll meet the eligibility requirements, feel free to get in touch - we'll help you sort out whether you'll be eligible. Some issues might not be a problem at all - you never know until you ask.
make lifelong memories with new friends from around the world.
- Be 19-30 years old by June 1st. If you are 31 - 33, you can also apply if you have a Working Holiday Visa.
- You're currently a student or intend to study within one year of your travel to Canada
- You're free to fly to Canada by June 5th, and work until at least August 17th.
- You have a clean criminal background.
- You're a citizen of a visa-exempt country.
Camps are looking for international staff who are passionate, open, and willing to share their culture with campers and support them during summer.
get into the outdoors.
- You'll work with children between the age of 6-16.
- Parents trust camps to take care of their children.
- Camp is a lot of fun, but you also work hard.
- You will have days off during camp to explore the area and relax (along with 6 months to travel after camp).
- You'll be away from home for at least 8 weeks.
frequently asked eligibility questions:
Is there an age limit for summer camp in Canada?
We accept participants who will be between 19-30 years old by June 1st. Participants who are 31 - 33 can also apply if they have a Working Holiday Visa.
Do I have to be a student to apply?
All new applicants for the 2021 summer must be students or intending to study within one year of your travel to Canada.
How long do I work in Canada?
As a counsellor, you'll head to camp sometime between May 1st and June 5th. You'll spend 8-10 weeks at camp, and we can help you switch your visa in order to stay for up to 6 months afterward.
When do I need to be available?
You need to be available during the summer months. Most camps start between May 1st and June 19th, and finish 8-10 weeks after the start date.
Do I need to have previous experience working with children?
No, you just need to be willing to work with children. Nevertheless, any experience will be useful, even if it's just a voluntary job, such as looking after younger family members.