We’ve noticed you might be viewing our website from a different location. Visit your regional site for more relevant information and pricing.

your ultimate summer.

camp canada eligibility

If you want to try new things, expand your horizons, and step out of your comfort zone, camp is for you.

If you're not sure that you'll meet the eligibility requirements, feel free to get in touch - we'll help you sort out whether you'll be eligible. Some issues might not be a problem at all - you never know until you ask.

make lifelong memories with new friends from around the world.

you're eligible if:
  • Be 19-30 years old by June 1st
  • You're currently a student or intend to study within one year of your travel to Canada
  • You're free to fly to Canada by June 20th, and work until at least August 18th.
  • You have a clean criminal background.
  • You're a citizen of a visa-exempt country.
qualifications not required.

Camps are looking for international staff who are passionate, open, and willing to share their culture with campers and support them during summer.

You don't need any qualifications, but if you have experience in a specific sport, creative skill, or other activity, you could become an activity specialist.

get into the outdoors.

things to remember:
  • You'll work with children between the age of 6-16.
  • Parents trust camps to take care of their children.
  • Camp is a lot of fun, but you also work hard.
  • You will have days off during camp to explore the area and relax (along with 6 months to travel after camp).
  • You'll be away from home for at least 8 weeks.

frequently asked eligibility questions:

Is there an age limit for summer camp in Canada?

We accept participants who will be between 18-30 years old by June 1st. Participants who are 31 - 33 can also apply if they have a Working Holiday Visa.

Do I have to be a student to apply?

All new applicants should be students or intending to study within one year of your travel to Canada. Although many of our participants are students, it's not required. If you meet all the eligibility criteria, based on your application you can be considered to go to Canada if you are a non student too.

How long do I work in Canada?

As a counsellor, you'll head to camp sometime between May 1st and June 19th. You'll spend 8-10 weeks at camp, with the option to switch to a visitor visa after camp for $100 to travel in Canada for up to 6 months.

When do I need to be available?

You need to be available during the summer months. Most camps start between May 1st and June 19th, and finish 8-10 weeks after the start date.

Do I need to have previous experience working with children?

No, you just need to be willing to work with children. Nevertheless, any experience will be useful, even if it's just a voluntary job, such as looking after younger family members.

I'm not in my home country right now. Can I still apply?

Since you don't need to go to an embassy or obtain a visa, you do NOT need to be living in your country of citizenship to apply!

roles at camp:

ready for summer?